Home Repairs

Well maintained homes contribute to the health and safety of families; they improve neighborhoods, and they support a home’s value. If you need assistance in making critical repairs or improving the energy efficiency of your home, we can help, thanks to the Salt Lake County Green and Healthy Homes Initiative.

This program provides more than financial assistance. Whether you’re fixing a leaky roof, replacing your old furnace, or installing solar panels, our construction team will help you:

  • Find financing for your repairs, including loans and/or grants
  • Assess your home and develop a scope of work
  • Acquire 3 competitive bids for your project from contractors who are appropriately licensed and insured, most of whom have successfully completed projects with us in the past
  • Monitor your construction project to ensure quality work is done

Green and Healthy Homes Initiative

The Salt Lake County Green & Healthy Homes Initiative Program (GHHI) can help you make your home healthy, safe, and more energy efficient by making critical repairs and addressing items contributing to health issues. GHHI provides assistance through grants and low interest loans to income eligible homeowners.

Download the application here

Download the CDCU Introductory Packet here 


Up until 1978, many house builders used paint that contained lead. Lead is extremely hazardous, especially to young children in early development stages. Salt Lake County administers grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to qualifying homeowners, renters, and landlords to make homes lead safe for children.

In order to qualify for a grant to remove lead paint hazards from your residence:

  • The property must have been built prior to 1978
  • The property must be located anywhere within Salt Lake County
  • Resident must be pregnant or must have children under 6 years old living in or frequently visiting the property (6 hours per week/60 hours per year)
  • Property must be properly insured if located in an area with a flood hazard (as determined by FEMA)
  • Property must be your primary residence
  • Must be over 18 years old with an income at or below 80% of the current area median income

Download the application here

Homeowner Rehabilitation Referral List

Download the list here